- 8/8-10 - Celebrated Great Papa's birthday in Mount Vernon
- 8/13 - 2 month doctor's appointment and first round of vaccines
- 8/17 - DeWaard family pictures with Jennifer and Todd
- 8/19 - Helped move Amanda in at ISU
- 8/21 - Visited Amanda on campus
- 8/23-24 - Celebrated Mom's birthday with family
- 8/28 - Hung out with the Waids
- 8/30 - Farmer's market with the Goodmans
- 9/3-5 - Went to Missouri with Dad for work
- 9/7 - Three Months Old!
Typical Daily Schedule:
I get up for the day about 9 am. I eat and then hang out in the living room while Mom pumps. Then I eat at about 11:30 and nap most of the day, eating every 3 hours and then spending some time smiling and playing before napping some more. I'm awake from about 7-8:45 and then get my bath. Then I eat until about 10 and sleep until 8:30 or so, waking up 2 or 3 times to eat.
Things I Love:
- Ceiling fans
- My bath
- My play mat
- Watching any screen I can - especially at church
- Dancing with Daddy
- "Laughing" at the funny noises Mom makes for me
- I'm a super drool-er
- I "talk" with Mom and Dad a lot more
- I'm starting to sit up with support
- No more swaddling to sleep at night
- First time in the pool - just my toes though, the water was too cold!
Highlights of the Month:
- Falling asleep on Mom's hand when she burps me sitting up at night.
- My first major blowout - for Dad after almost not pooping for 3 days - warning photo ahead!
- I can eat without the shield, but it's easier with it and Mom's lazy lately.
- My pajamas went from a little too big to way to small overnight - Mom thinks I grew at least a 1/4 inch!
- Dad got a full body shock from me playing peekaboo.
- I either crank my head WAY back or flip onto my belly from my side to sleep
- Was a champ for my first set of vaccines, but then was pretty cranky for a few days after.
- I'm trying really hard to figure out sucking my thumb, but mostly I just suck really loudly on my fist.
- Since I found both my hands and my tongue, I try to pull on my tongue, and then when I gag myself I look at Mom and Dad like "why did that happen?!?"
|Rocking out Poolside|
|With Great - Papa at his birthday party|
|Mom and Dad's wash cloths covered my whole body|
|Visiting Amanda on campus|
|Mom and Dad don't understand how this can be comfy.|
|"Sitting up" with Daddy|
|With cousin Madeline|
|Yoohoo... big summer blowout!|
|Trip to Missouri for Dad's work|
|Getting ready for pictures|
|Three months old!|