December 7, 2014

Lily is 6 Months Old!



Big Events: 
  • 11/9 - Mom and Dad came home from Nashville
  • 11/15 - Karasch Gender Reveal party - it's a boy!
  • 11/20 - Ice Cream with Nana at Seasons
  • 11/23 - Parent Child Dedication at Cornerstone
  • 11/27 - Thanksgiving with the Grunders
  • 11/29 - Thanksgiving with the Goodmans
  • 12/1 - Sit up unsupported!
  • 12/5 - Nic and Kassia watched me for Dad's company Christmas party 
  • 12/6 - MaryLou's family Christmas party
  • 12/7 - 6 Months old!

    Size/Percentile: As of 12/16/14
    • Weight: 14 lbs 9 oz (17%)
    • Height: 25.25 inches (18%) 
    • Head: 17.3 inches (89%)

    Typical Daily Schedule
    11:30 pm OR 5:30 am - wake for a quick bottle and fall back asleep.
    9:00 am - awake for the day. Play with Mom and a bottle at about 10. 
    11:30 am - nap until 1:30 or so and then more play time. 
    2:00 pm - bottle and snuggles with Mom. 
    3:30 pm - nap for about 2 hours. 
    5:30 pm - Bottle and exersaucer time so Mom and Dad can eat dinner
    7:30 pm - bath, pjs, another bottle and bedtime.  


    Things I Love:

    • Kiki the Elephant
    • Taggie Blanket
    • The Exersaucer
    • Mirrors!
    • Chewing anything and everything

    This Month's Milestones:
    • I blow bubbles/ spit 
    • I sit up all by myself
    • I can hold my own bottle but usually choose not to
    • Roll very efficiently and can roll over pillows etc. 

    Highlights of the Month:

    • I still wear mostly 3 month clothes and a few 3-6 month. The onesies fit perfectly except for the length. I'm too tall for my weight! Mom thinks I'm hitting a growth spurt right now though, so I'll at least start wearing the 6 month ones soon. 
    • I love to kick my feet on the floor when I lay on my belly. 
    • I have long conversations and make out with myself in the mirror. 
    • I am amazing at going to sleep by myself now - so long as I'm sleepy I can fall asleep by myself in the crib. 
    • We took lots of pictures for our first family-of-three Christmas card. They will get their own post later. 
    • I had my first bites of real food with Nana - ice cream. Not my favorite - too cold!
    • I had my dedication with Mom and Dad at Cornerstone this month. Mom, Dad and the Church all promised to raise me to know God and to trust God to do His will with my life. 
    • Mom and Dad realized how hard the holidays are with a small child - sorry friends and family who have already learned that and we didn't recognize it!
    • Nana Sherry finished my beautiful quilt. Great Grandma Marty did the stitching over Nana's handwriting for my name patch - Mom can't get over how cool that is. 
    • I sit up all by myself now. I can kind of roll out if I tip sideways, but just crash if I go over backwards. It makes bath time so much more fun though! I am super interested in the drain. 
    • I am really good at finding my thumb to suck now - I hook my pointer finger around my nose to make it easier. 

    My practice pictures were some of the cutest!
    Dressed up to find out if Baby Karasch is a boy or a girl - BOY!
    Boo snow. I don't like having to be wrapped up to go outside
    Starting to hold my own bottle

    First "real" food - ice cream at Seasons

    Parent Child Dedication - I really wanted that boy's hat!
    "Helping" Mom and Dad decorate for Christmas
    Great Grandpa Grunder 
    Snuggling with Nana
    and playing with Papa
    My quilt from Nana 
    Christmas pictures with my cousins
    Daddy loves me... too much

    Baths are so much more fun now!
    Snuggles with Grandma at Christmas #1
    6 months old!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment