April 7, 2015

Lily is 10 Months Old!



Big Events: 
  • 3/7 - 9 Months Old!
  • 3/13 - Lunch with Grandma Bev
  • 3/17-20 - Trip to Missouri with Dad
  • 3/27 - 29 - Trip to Mount Vernon for Nana's birthday
  • 4/1 - Dinner at Dublin Bay with Grandma and Grandpa DeWaard
  • 4/2-4 - Nana and Aunt Melissa here
  • 4/5 - Lily's first Easter
  • 4/7 - 10 Months old!

Typical Daily Schedule
Wake up around 8:00, breakfast bottle about 8:30, nap from 10:00-12:30, lunch bottle at 1, nap from 2:00 to 4:30, dinner (puree, a table food and practicing the sippy) at 5, bedtime routine (bath, pjs, bottle, bed) starting at 7.


Things I Love:

  • Standing/ cruising around the living room
  • Any food that Mom and Dad have 
  • Touch and feel books. Really any books, but those are best. 
  • Leaving the house for walks

This Month's Milestones:
  • Go from crawling/belly to sitting up by myself
  • Moved into my big girl car seat
  • Love "drumming" on the floor and upside down bowls
  • Lots of new foods including pickles and lemons. Because Mom and Dad are mean. 
  • "Drinking" from a straw. 

Highlights of the Month:

  • I'm in all 6 and 6-9 month size clothes now, but my Easter dress was a 3 month. 
  • My 9 month doctor appointment went perfectly. Still no teeth, but Dr. Nau says that just means I could possibly grow longer. Didn't work for Mom, but who knows!
  • I'm working on my baby mullet - Mom keeps threatening to trim the back if the sides don't catch up. 
  • Sunglasses are the best .... for eating. Also, sun hats are sometimes okay and sometimes the worst thing on the face of the planet. It's worth it though to be able to play outside so often. I love the slide and the swings at the park, even doubled up with Pax. Grass is still a little questionable though. 
  • I was a great traveler for Mom and Dad, both to Missouri and to Nana and Papa's house.   
  • I'm definitely showing my stubborn streak. Mom had to tell me NO in her stern voice to keep me from pulling a speaker onto my foot. I just looked at her and turned back around, not a care in the world. Paxton cried. 
  • It's still hard to fall asleep for naps now that I can do so much standing in my crib, but having my blanket helps! Mom is working on making me another one because I fell in love with the one Great Aunt Vicky made me. 
  • I'm much happier in the Ergo again. I can see what's going on both on the front and the back, so it's much more fun. Daddy even tried when we went to DQ for free ice cream cone day. 
  • Bubbles are way more fun now that we can play with them outside!
  • I have been trying pretty much all of Mom and Dad's foods lately. Mandarin oranges and pineapple are both great. So was the soda bread at Dublin Bay. It was shocking then that lemon and pickles could taste so bad. Mom was a little mean in giving them to me ;)
  • My first Easter was fairly tame. Mom and Dad got me a bunny toy and an activity table. Nana Sherry got me Pat the Bunny (book) and a ISU t-shirt for when I'm bigger. I dressed up in my pretty dress from Denise for church. It was adorable but made it really hard to crawl. 
























0 comments:

Post a Comment