July 1, 2016

Lily's Mickey Mouse 2nd Birthday Party

Lily *LOVES* Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Think hourly requests to "Watch. Mit-key?" and sleeping with her stuffed Minnie Mouse. The girl definitely made it easy for me to pick a party theme! Of course, by the time I actually got to start planning, it was a month away, because we had a 3 week old. Oops. To Pinterest I go. I love that Pinterest allows me to create without being creative by modifying other people's great ideas.

For example: the invitation is a combination of three different invitation styles I found online.

Same with this door hanger:

And the whole table-scape, including the "2" garland and the name centerpiece.

Most of the menu was also Pinterest inspired. We had a "Hot Diggity Dog bar" with hot dogs (duh), brats and all the fixin's, Mickey shaped fruit kabobs and "Chip(s) and Dale" with lemonade to drink. 

For dessert, there were Mickey Oreo's and Minnie Cake Balls (bonus picture of our "nuclear meltdown Mickey" first attempt - hint, stick the Oreo's to the candy coating, not into the cake)


oops...
Pretty much the only thing I did that was "original" (but not really at all) was to print and hang my favorite pictures of the last year in the shape of a "2". My plan is to do this every birthday, or at least the printing part, so that come graduation, they each have a box of pictures for them to keep. 

Since the guests are still primarily adult family members with a couple of young kid friends, we went pretty laid back with the "party games". I had coloring pages as a backup plan for weather, but it was perfect so we just had a bunch of outdoor toys to play with, including the sandbox her Nana and Papa got as her gift.



Last but not least... Ears! DIY Mickey ears for everyone, while Lily opened her presents.




And then, this over-stimulated two year old got to go take a nap, because presents should never be this traumatic. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment